Answers 4 Actors

Thursday, August 27, 2009

A FILM TO WATCH

A FILM TO WATCH

When I see some wonderful acting I love to share with my actors how they can combine going to see a movie AND doing some homework at the same time! What could be better.

So with that in mind, I talk a lot to actors in my workshops and sessions about creating believable relationships. I want you to go watch the two wonderful complex textured relationships in Julie and Julia. Both the younger couple and the older couple are great examples of creating relationships we, the audience, enjoy watching. Meryl Streep and Stanley Tucci were stunning in the beautiful relationship as Julia Child and her husband, Paul. It is also great that Nora Ephron portrayed in her film an older couple who had passion, fun, playfulness and joy, true joy in their love.

We don’t have the opportunity to watch such performances often enough. Now I know some of you all, not just guys either, may “poo poo” my pleasure in seeing such a relationship but you will get plenty of sex and sex in other movies so go with an open mind and see if it doesn’t warm your heart. It’s okay, you don’t have to tell anyone just try it.

Those of you who know me know that I love sports films, actions films, thrillers, mysteries, and I will even admit when I am home working around the house or on my computer I watch lots of sports events. In fact, right now while I am writing this I am watching the international semi-final game of the Little League Baseball Series. It is between Curaco and China Taipei. Score is 0 – 0 at the moment. So I am not this mushy audience all the time but when I see a wonderful enduring performance I am truly moved by the relationship I see in this particular film.

So go enjoy and be sure to plan to go out to eat afterwards. You will want to!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home